One of the things I realized while searching for materials to post about, is the vast number of sharing ideas you can find on the Internet. Social media is taking some really creative new forms.
I’m writing this post while listening to a musician who’s nick name is In Mobile. His real name is Olivier Malhomme and he is from Mayet, France. I found his music on SoundCloud.com. Here is what SoundCloud about page has to say:
“SoundCloud is the world’s leading social sound platform where anyone can create sounds and share them everywhere.
Recording and uploading sounds to SoundCloud lets people easily share them privately with their friends or publicly to blogs, sites and social networks.”
Its hectic in there, lots of downloaded material, some of the artists are teenage House DJ’s, some of them are deep into classical music. Some share their loved songs and some share their personal events such as weddings, by sharing the music they composed to it. A cool feature lets you leave a written comment on every fraction of a second of the track.
I only started exploring SoundCloud. The whole site is simple and has a dynamic feel to it. Even the most simple and naive musical experiments get a new meaning when you get to take part and understand who is standing behind them. Let me know what you find in there…
I really like the music In Mobile loaded!
- SoundCloud and Podcasting a Good Match? (davidjackson.org)
- First Look: SoundCloud Gets an Overhaul (readwriteweb.com)
- SoundCloud Provides First Look at a New Interface [Gallery] (createdigitalmusic.com)
- By The Sound Of It, The New Flipboard With SoundCloud Integration Is Rockin’ Good (appadvice.com)
- Experimenting With SoundCloud For Audio Podcasting (disruptiveconversations.com)
- Flipboard turns up the volume and adds audio content, SoundCloud support (venturebeat.com)
- SoundCloud unveils Next, a completely revamped web app (venturebeat.com)
- SoundCloud Announces Native iPad App & Complete Mobile Refresh (prweb.com)
- SoundCloud outs huge redesign to enhance social skills (techradar.com)
- SoundCloud Hopes Its Slick Redesign Will ‘Unmute the Web’ (wired.com)
- Soundcloud Turns Up As An Expanded Tweet Partner For Audio (techcrunch.com)